Quinoa Pasta with Goat Cheese & Vegetables

I don't really like titles of recipes that go on and on with all the important ingredients but I am not sure, I can distinguish the dish, without some key words.  I played around with the title.  I tried Balsamic Quinoa Pasta but that was not accurate.  Balsamic vinegar is a minor flavor and did not belong in the title.  I wanted to stress the goat cheese and vegetables as main components.  At one point, I removed the vegetables from the title but Quinoa Pasta with Goat Cheese sounded sterile.  The heart of the recipe is a combination of the pasta and veggies but the goat cheese gives it the fullness of the flavor.

Does anyone else stand on her/his head to get a title? How do you select a title?   Please share.

Quinoa Pasta with Goat  Cheese & Vegetables 


Ingredients:

12 ounces spaghetti type pasta (fettuccine)
1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon oil from dried tomatoes
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 very small zucchini, cut in half and then half again and then in 8 cubes for each piece
1 yellow zucchini, cut the same way as zucchini
1 red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh oregano
a few drops of hot cayenne pepper sauce
2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled

Method:

In a medium to large saucepan, boil water for pasta.  Let simmer while you cook vegetables.

In a large skillet, heat oil.
Add onion and cook for three minutes.
Add remaining vegetables and cook for another three minutes or until onion is translucent.  Mix in Balsamic vinegar.
While vegetables are cooking, cook pasta, according to package directions.  Drain and place into a large bowl.
Add oregano to vegetables and mix in.
Pour vegetables over pasta in bowl.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and then with goat cheese.  Mix pasta, vegetables and goat cheese together.
Serve.



I had no idea how this was going to turn out.  My choices for vegetables and cheese were based on what I had, in the house.  I would think thinly sliced carrots would be another vegetable that would blend in, nicely.


The inspiration for this recipe came from Mother Rimmy from her quinoa fettucini and Italian sausage dish.  My original plan was to make this more like hers but when checking ingredients, I had to come up with my own recipe.  Her dish sounds fantastic so check her out, if this appeals to you.
Check these out for tons of links to great recipes!
Hearth N' Soul
Good Cheap Eats


-Permanent Posies
Hearth and Soul

Comments

  1. I love quinoa and made a great salad last week that i will posting soon. But quinoa pasta really startled me. Always learning something new in this Blog land.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this looks really delicious, Chaya! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a recipe title needs to convey what's exciting about the dish. The vegetables and goat cheese sound great here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just started using quinoa...and have never heard of quinoa pasta! I'm going to have to search for it as your flavorful dish sounds amazing~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes all you can do is have a long title =)

    I think this pasta sounds great and I just love all the great flavors going on in here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so good! It is hard coming up with recipe names, though. This one sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the title is just perfect! I actually like longer, descriptive titles. I like that I know exactly what I'm getting into!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I like quinoa pasta better than any other. I have tried several of the wheatless pasta because my daughter is a Celiac and I really like the flavor. Your recipe looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way when naming a dish, you want to add the important ingredients, but not the whole list. I have not tried quinoa pasta yet, this sounds delicious! I think carrots would be good in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I often struggle to name a dish as well. Sometimes I wait until I get the feedback from my family on it as that can sometimes help! I have never used quinoa pasta but it sounds lovely. I have to confess I am not fond of goat's cheese, but I love all the rest of the ingredients in this yummy looking dish. Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost