Baked Spaghetti Loaf

 Not being able to lift objects, makes a difference in my present life and there are all kinds of curves and bends to get around.  We tend to take our ability to take action,  for granted.  It is interesting, when one has to think out the actions, s/he takes.  

Hubby and I decided to do the shopping.  I think, my husband wins the prize for worst shopper.  He despises shopping or at least, he does not like shopping together.  I completely understand.  When, I shop, I look around.  If I were a child, it would sound like this. 

"See the new products."  

"It's on sale.  Can I have two of them?"

"Chocolate, I love chocolate.  Which one do I want?  Maybe the chocolate marshmallow.....no the mint.....oh fudge, CARAMEL-that's it, caramel.  Put everything else back.  Get me the caramel.  I want the caramel now.   Sob.  I said, NOW."

"Oh, look over there."

You get the picture.  While, I am browsing, he is churning inside.  He could finish in ten minutes and that includes, standing on line, at the checkout.  I could take two hours.  I could also spend a lot more money than he would.  So, I am sympathetic.

This does not lead into a baked spaghetti loaf but that is what I made for lunch, today.  I had a craving for pasta with sauce and cheese but not plain spaghetti with sauce and cheese.  I wanted something creative, something with more to it.  This ended up being one of my "ingredients on the counter" recipes.  I looked in the refrigerator and took out a container of Ricotta cheese, a brick of mozzarella, green pepper and moved on to the cabinets.  Onions were a must.  Back to the fridge---found an open bottle of Marinara sauce.  From the garden came oregano and chives and last but not least, the angel hair pasta.  I would guess that a fettuccine with some thickness to it would have worked better but the angel hair held its own. 

I decided to make a loaf with these ingredients.  Out came a loaf pan and some bowls.  Then, I went to work.


Baked Spaghetti Loaf









Add spices to Ricotta and egg.

Ingredients:


  • 1 pound box of spaghetti noodles
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1/2 chop chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon fresh chives
  • 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
  • 1 bottle of marinara sauce
  • 3 ounces Mozzarella
  • 1 container ricotta 
  • 1 egg

    Method:
Mix Cheese Mixture with Pasta.
Cook pasta according to package directions. 
In a medium skillet, cook onions and peppers for four minutes, mixing occasionally.
Mix ricotta with egg.  Add spices.


Layer a loaf pan, first with the pasta, topped with the vegetables, then the sauce and finally
shredded mozzarella cheese. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Add peppers and onion.


 Yummy results.


Linked to Potluck Sundays  


Melt in your Mouth Monday on Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms      Mangia Mondays
Sunday Blog Hop Shibley Smiles


Comments

  1. This looks like an interesting pasta dish. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post :), and I have never heard of a meal like that but I look forward to trying it (I love all things pasta :)! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from MM! Wanted to say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice posts...and that looks really yummy, thanks for sharing! your stories is very me but lately hubby and i enjoyed our weekly trip to the market, thanks God, he is learning. :) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost