Strawberry Mango Tossed Salad

I have been making this salad, for several years, with different variations.  I believe, I originally go the recipe from one of Susie Fishbein cookbooks.  My daughter-in-law made it first and I loved it.   She had mangoes and strawberries as the fruit, in this tossed salad.  Usually, I use these, also but if I find, I have no mango, I use mandarin oranges or another berry.


This is refreshing salad, great for hot summer days and nights.  I would like to try grapes or watermelon, in this salad. 
 
Strawberry Mango Tossed Salad

Ingredients


  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1 teaspoon fine diced onion
  • Dash salt
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 4 cups torn mixed salad greens  (romaine)
  • 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
  • 1 mango sliced
  • a avocado, cut up
  • 1 medium red onion, sliced
  • 1/3 cup walnuts

Method:


  • Combine, in a medium bowl, sugar, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, paprika, mustard, and onion. 
  • Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes.  Stir until sugar is dissolved.
  • Add the oil to other ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
  • In a salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries, avocado, mango, onion, and walnuts. Sprinkle dressing onto the greens and  toss to coat. 
 The photos of this salad are missing.  Next time, I make it, I plan to take some pictures and add them here.







Hearth N' Soul with A Moderate Life,

This Weeks Cravings on Mom's Crazy Cooking,


Melt in your Mouth Monday on Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms







Fresh Food Friday

Veggie Converter


Photobucket

Comments

  1. It's a great idea to toss mangoes and strawberries together. Then again, I love anything strawberry, so this is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. The addition of mustard powder is unexpected but must be very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to make some sort of strawberry romaine salad. This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a refreshing idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove strawberries and mangos. What a great idea to throw them in a salad like that! Love it~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful for a lazy summer night!
    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This salad sounds lovely, Chaya - such a great combination of ingredients, and so good for you too! I love the flavours you use in the dressing too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! Would love to have you share at Turning the Table Thursday...stop by every Thursday to link up!

    Wendy
    Around My Family Table

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This salad sounds delicious!!! Thanks for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party! Can't wait to see what you link this week!
    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great to me...even if the picture went missing! I like salads with mixed greens and strawberries/berries in general. Have never added avocado but I think I'd like it.

    Thanks for linking up with Garden Variety Wednesday and hope to see you back! Sorry for such a late thank you. I seem to get more and more behind in commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost