This is refreshing salad, great for hot summer days and nights. I would like to try grapes or watermelon, in this salad.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon fine diced onion
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens (romaine)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 mango sliced
- a avocado, cut up
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- Combine, in a medium bowl, sugar, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, paprika, mustard, and onion.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the oil to other ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries, avocado, mango, onion, and walnuts. Sprinkle dressing onto the greens and toss to coat.
Fresh Food Friday