Spicy Chicken with Peppers and Parsley - Taste and Create

Taste and Create is actually overdue.  The funny part is that I made the recipe weeks ago but then forgot all about it.  My partner is Min from The Bad Girl's Kitchen.  You should check that site out and better still, you might like to join in Taste and Create.  Each month, we are given a partner and we cook from that blog.

This time, I picked a chicken recipe and adapted it to my family's taste.  The recipe was for a Spicy Chicken but I cut down the spices for hubby.  I made several chicken recipes, at the time and I am not sure if this is the right photo.  I hate to admit that but I have a few that fit the part and for some reason, I did not label them.  Yep, I am falling down on the job.


Spicy Chicken with Peppers and Parsley (adapted)

1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 Tbsp light Olive oil
1 small to medium onion, thinly sliced
2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
2 Tbsp soy sauce
20 leaves fresh sweet parsley (Min said  basil but we are growing parsley which came in abundance.  The basil is limping along, so far.)

Cut chicken on an angle across the breast into thin strips.  Cut strips across into bite size pieces.  Set chicken aside.  Wash hands and cutting board.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat.  When the pan smokes, add cooking oil.   Add chicken and stir fry 2 minutes.  Add onions, red bell peppers, and garlic and stir fry for 1 or 2 more minutes.  Add soy sauce.  Remove the pan from heat and add parsley.  Combine well.

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost