Mousse Can Stand Alone but Why?

 I love mousse.  I love it in a cup and I love it in a pie.  It is grand in a cake and it is even more so layered.  I started out making a layered cake but I was running late and did not want to take the time to cut the layer down the middle.  For me, that is a traumatic time.  I have messed up the cake more than not.  Instead, I used the mousse as a frosting or perhaps, even a layer.  It was thicker than any frosting, I have seen.

With this change, came extra mousse and my daughter-in-law stepped in and created this beauty which tastes as good as I think it looks.

 Mousse in A Glass

Ingredients:

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1/3 cup boiling water

3 cups whipping cream

confectioner's sugar

Method:

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.  It should not take long and you should remove it while it still has a loose form.    Pour the boiling water over the chocolate and mix it completely so you have a smooth chocolate.

In a large bowl (I used my electric mixer) beat whipping cream with 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar.  Fold several scoops of whipped cream with chocolate, leaving 2/3 in the bowl.  The rest should be added in scoops until you have used it up.  Fold each scoop into the chocolate.  When this is completed, refrigerate the mousse for at least 3 hours.

Take a glass or bowl (whatever shape you prefer) and layer the mousse with "Oreo" crumbs.  The cookies should be ground in a food processor.  First place in mousse on a slant.  Cover with some crumbs, also on a slang.  Finally add another layer of mousse.  On top, place a chocolate leaf and a few crumbs sprinkled on the mousse.

You now have an attractive and delicious dessert.

Note:  If you would like to intensify the chocolate flavor, add 2 teaspoons of cappuccino or instant coffee to the boiling water.  Mix thoroughly and add to melting chocolate.


 Linked to


Comments

  1. Moussee without egg sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! This looks so creamy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That looks so good! The chocoholic in me wants one right now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look yum!love oreos! I put it in between a layer cake recently and loved how soft and cakelike it became!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost