Lemon Bread - Annual Picnic

 

It is that time again, time for our favorite picnic, thanks to Louise from Months of Edible Celebrations.  With Louise's enthusiasm, some of us pick letters, we have to live with and I took Q for my contribution.  I had quinoa in front of me, at the time time, but better than that, I decided on a quick bread.  It can be held in the hand and be relatively neat to eat.

I'm going on a picnic and I'm bringing...


B.
C-
D.
E
H
I
J
L
R  
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

When I came across King Arthur's Lemon Quick Bread, I knew this was it.  It is perfect for my husband who eats gluten-free.  We both like the lemon flavor in baked goods and the recipe went smoothly.  A winner - all the way round.

Lemon Quick Bread - adapted from King Arthur's Flour

Ingredients:
 
6 tablespoons Canola oil
1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup (2 ounces) fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup (6 ounces) buttermilk 
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 cups (8 1/2 ounces) King Arthur Gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Method:

In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the oil and sugar till thoroughly combined. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix the buttermilk  with the lemon juice and lemon zest, and set aside. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.

Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk mixture. Spoon the batter into a lightly greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Bake the bread in a preheated 350°F oven for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven, and poke it all over with a cake tester, ice pick, or other long, thin tool.





Comments

  1. Beautiful blog! It looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect indeed Chaya. Just what we need to add a bit of "puckering" to the picnic. You've done a GREAT job of luring us over to your picnic blanket for a nibble:)

    Thank you so much for playing the Picnic Game, Chaya. Just wait until you see all the goodies we'll be feasting on, oh goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaya delicious and yummy cake I love lemon! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a healthy cake this is. I love lemon so this cake is right up my alley. See you at the picnic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost