Caramel Banana Trifle

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HiCZzBNN1Jk/TWXKNXTENoI/AAAAAAAAM-8/WQL407j_qPk/s1600/u15260972.jpg I am thrilled to introduce our newest Guest QED recipe and its author.  Linda is a creative blogger, stressing ease of preparation and cooking to turn out delicious dishes.  We are fortunate to have her sharing with us today.  Linda is from a blog called, "My Kind of Cooking," also the name of one of her books. 

I am having difficulty not diving into the photo that is soon to be displayed.  How does Caramel Banana Trifle sound to you?  Sounds scrumptious, to me.  Read how this recipe came to be and where it actually was made.  Truth is certainly stranger than fiction.  Not to worry.  You can make this in your kitchen.




Caramel Banana Trifle
1 (16 ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed, cubed
1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding, prepared
2 bananas, sliced
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping
In large serving bowl, place 1/2 of pound cake. Spread 1/2 of pudding over pound cake. Arrange 1 sliced banana over pudding. Drizzle 1/4 cup caramel over banana. Spread whipped topping over top. Repeat process. Drizzle 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping over whipped topping if desired.
I created this recipe in the backseat of my car.  No Kidding.  I forgot we were invited to a friend's house for dinner.  As I was walking into Walmart, I ran into my friend's husband.  He said, "I'll see you in an hour".  All of the sudden, I remembered we were supposed to have dinner at their house and bring the dessert.  I write cookbooks so I couldn't buy a dessert.  As I wandered around the store, I spotted the bananas.  My husband loves bananas!  What could I make with bananas?  He loves banana pudding.  What could I do to jazz up banana pudding?  Then it came to me, trifle!  I will make a trifle.  I grabbed all the ingredients (I used already  prepared vanilla pudding cups instead of instant pudding).  Went to the dish section of the store and picked up a trifle bowl.  I talked the nice lady behind the deli counter into washing the bowl for me.  Then after paying for everything, I went out to my car and made the dessert in the backseat.
This easy to prepare desert has become not only my husband's favorite dessert, but friends ask me to make it over and over again.

Linda gave me her recipe with only the story of how it came to be.  I added the information about her books.  I know that they are right for many of you.  We lead busy lives and I know, I am continually looking for quick, easy and delicious recipes to make and enjoy.  Linda provides the way to expand on what you already have. 

Please visit Linda at My Kind of Cooking and check out some of her other recipes.  It is a place that feels like home.


Busy Women's Cookbook Pack image

Comments

  1. This sounds delightful! How nice you shared...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really scrumptious and amazing. And in the backseat of car, very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my this sounds like a creamy dessert that my family would love thanks for sharing come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks heavenly and I can't wait to try it! Thanks so much for stopping by and for following. I'm now following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great book- I have actually heard of it before from another blog and I am so interested in reading it! That trifle looks to die for! Anything with bananas and caramel gets a thumbs up in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have "My Kind of Cooking" and know it's a great cookbook filled with all kinds of yummy recipes. I'm new here and will enjoy following to see what's cooking next! Thanks for this great dessert!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost