Zucchini and Ricotta Frittata - WWDH


It must be, without my teaching schedule that I lose track of some of my responsibilities.  It is true, when I don't go to work, each day, I am at a loss what to do next.  It is not that I don't have plenty to do.  Actually, I have more responsibilities and tasks.  


While the summer is supposed to be vacation, it is also an opportunity to catch up on what I can't do during the school year.  I make a point of making scheduled appointments during the summer which takes off the pressure of working them into my work schedule.

As a result every day is different.  I may have a luncheon date, one day and a doctor's appointment on another.  I just might want to have a shopping treat day or go see one of the kids.  While, I love this for the summer, I am a more productive person, on a schedule, the months that I teach.

Why am I telling you all of this?  I mixed up which recipe, I was supposed to make this week for Wednesdays with Donna Hay.  Of course, I did this, on a week when the chosen recipe was mine.  Furthermore, I have really wanted to make this for a long time.  I love cheesy casseroles and here is this marvelous zucchini ricotta dish and I didn't make it.......at least, not until tonight.  

I am glad, I chose this and that I made it.  It is a one bowl recipe and a one pan recipe.  You mix all the ingredients together, after shredding the zucchini which I did in my mini food processor.  There are few ingredients, the most important being the zucchini, ricotta and Parmesan.  I guess the eggs count also.  I cut the recipe to about 3/4 of the original and we could have eaten more.  I learned my lesson.

The finished product was this creamy cheesy mixture with a subtle flavoring from the zucchini.

You can find the recipe here.

Linked to:   Foodie Friday  Foodtastic Fridays     The Yuck Stops Here       Freedom Fridays     Real Food Friday    Fight Back Friday       Wednesdays Whatsits      Allergy Free Wednesday 

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya,
    This looks wonderful! I'm keeping this recipe to try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never put ricotta in a frittata...great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby is a teacher and with him and the kids all home during the summer vacation months it makes for a very different schedule, so I can totally empathize with you about that! I love frittata, and I'm especially fond of one bowl one pan/pot meals! I'm so glad you've joined us at The Yuck Stops Here recipe link party, I hope you'll bring another delicious recipe or two next week (technically tomorrow evening, lol). HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost