Bok Choy and Noodle Stir-Fry --- Donna Hay

This is another Donna Hay recipe from My Sweet and Savory.  I was going through a bok choy stage, putting it into one dish after another.  That period came to an end but I still like bok choy and should use it more often.

.  This should have been a no brainer since I made a similar recipe, not too long ago.  I was captivated by using bok choy in a stir fry.  In that one, the bok choy was sliced into small pieces.  Here, we used it quartered.  I was correct, making this went smoothly and I was able to enjoy my dinner, without a hitch.


It was the before I got bok choy into my kitchen that was interesting.  Both my hubby and my daughter called from the grocery, last Friday, asking me if I wanted anything.  I told hubby about the bok choy.   Shortly after, he returned the call to tell me, the store had no bok choy and should he go searching other stores.  No problem, I figured, I would ask my daughter to pick it up.  She gladly agreed and all was well again until she called to tell me, the store she was in, also did not have any bok choy.

Yesterday, I went to a third store, figuring someone had to have bok choy.  I never had trouble, getting it before.  You guessed - no bok choy.  Today, I went to the best of the stores in terms of variety and of course they had both baby bok choy and regular bok choy.  The question haunts as to why, I didn't go there first.

This is one that I was glad, there was a picture to see before making it.  I could not envision it with the larger pieces of bok choy.  

I must share how excited, I am about selecting this recipe, for all of us.  I like bok choy and I adore Donna Hay's recipes and I felt confident that this would be good.  We liked it and it was a success.  I only hope that my fellow cooks also enjoyed it.

This did not take long to make.  The noodles, I got, cooked in 5 minutes and the vegetables did not take much longer.  This recipe can be found in Off the Shelf by Donna Hay on page 62.

Ingredients:

2 cups cooked rice spaghetti
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion
a few mushrooms, chunked
1/2 Bunch of baby  bok choy
soy sauce

Method:


Heat oil in large skillet. 

 Add onions and cook until translucent. 

Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.

Add bok choy.  Saute for 2 minutes.
Saute until  heated through and the bok choy is slightly wilted. Serve with soy sauce.

Comments

  1. Love bok choy. This looks like a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this one, too. It was sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds healthy and very good too. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bok choy and Asian flavors in general. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks terrific. I love bok choy but I really don't have it that often. This recipe may change that! Yum. Thank you for linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had bok choy. Can you believe?! This looks really good, Chaya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost