Greek Tomato Feta Salad

This month, we took a trip to Greece for Food of the World.  If you have a Greek recipe, please join us and link up here.

Wikipedia gives a short description. "Greek cuisine is a Mediterranean cuisine. Contemporary Greek cookery makes wide use of olive oil, vegetables and herbs, grains and bread, wine, fish, and various meats, including lamb, poultry, rabbit and pork. Also important are olives, cheese, eggplant (aubergine), zucchini (courgette), and yogurt.

Sounds pretty good to me. My first dish is this salad which is admirable in my humble opinion. You could add cucumber, zucchini and black olives but I was looking for a simple salad and I wanted to use some of my tomatoes.


Greek Tomato Feta Salad

1 cup grape tomatoes
1/2 medium onion, chopped (red is preferable)
1/8 cup garlic rice vinegar
 1/2 tablespoon  olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon basil,  chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/4 - 1/3 cup   feta cheese

Method:


Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a bowl.

Add onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley. Toss well.

Chop the feta in 1/2 inch cubes.

Fold it into the salad. 

Eat and enjoy.  This is a refreshing summer dish.

These are the hosts of this exciting event who is presently on their way to India.   I bet you have recipes from this are that are yummy.  Please visit them and say hello.

Comments

  1. I love the dressing you have used on this bright, fresh Greek Tomato Feta Salad. It looks wonderful, Chaya. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a recipe that just screams Simple Is Always Best! A delicious Greek Tomato Salad, I love it. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost