Pasta with Mushrooms - Donna Hay

****I have decided to move my Donna Hay posts here from My Sweet and Savory since I have put it to sleep.  I love my Donna recipes and want to share them with you.  There will be several new posts brought over and I do hope you make some of them.  Donna produces good recipes.***

pasta with mushrooms (adapted from Donna Hay)



Ingredients:


2 tablespoons olive oil
1 orange pepper chopped
1 box of sliced mushrooms, such as field, shiitake or button
3/4 cup vegetable broth
3/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 package of gluten-free fettuccine or linguine
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped baby spinach (I had no basil)
a dash of black pepper


Method:

Add oil to skillet and heat. Add olive oil, bell pepper and mushrooms.  Cook for about 5 minutes until mushrooms are browning.



Add the broth, sour cream and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes.


While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions, cooking for 2 minutes less than assigned time.  Add the spinach for the last minute.

Drain. Toss the pasta with the mushroom sauce, Parmesan,  pepper and salt. 

Comments

  1. I am loving this. So simple and great ingredients. I would have to leave the mushrooms out for kiddo and hubs though. Thanks for linking with us at #stoptheyuck Chrystal @ YUMeating

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost