Potato Soup

****I have decided to move my Donna Hay posts here from My Sweet and Savory since I have put it to sleep.  I love my Donna recipes and want to share them with you.  There will be several new posts brought over and I do hope you make some of them.  Donna produces good recipes.***

I played with this photo.

(As you probably note, this was my first time participating in WWDH, Wednesdays With Donna Hay.)

I know that I overdose on potato soup(s).  Hand me a potato soup recipe and you will find me, in the kitchen, peeling potatoes.  Thus, I ask for your forgiveness, posting one potato soup recipe after another.

I was looking through the blogs of some fantastic cooks and noted, they all had made the same Donna Hay recipe for potato soup.  Reading more closely, I found a new group, cooking the same recipe, each week.  I have never  cooked a Donna Hay dish but I have been on her mailing list and know she shares some good recipes.

With my Sherlock Holmes hat on, I did some more sneaking and peeking and found that the recipes that have been cooked, in the last six weeks are yummy and most of them would be choices, of my own.  I am going to jump right in and do some cooking from the world of Donna.

The potato soup recipe was chosen by Kayte of Grandma's Kitchen.  You must visit her blog.  Kayte belongs to a number of cooking and baking groups and she appears to be one of the faithful followers of each group.  I enjoy, going backwards, on her blog, checking wand pesto can be found here on Donna's site.

This soup was simple to make.  The ingredients were few and easy to get.  I did add carrots to the recipe because my husband likes them.  Otherwise, I stayed close to the recipe other than not making the pesto.  I would have loved to make it but we were out of town and as it was, I left the soup, half made and finished making it, tonight.  No time for pesto.......  


Usually, I use cheddar with a cheesy soup and was happy to find the Parmesan added its own flavor which matched beautifully with the potatoes.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost