Soy Simmered Chicken - Donna Hay

****I have decided to move my Donna Hay posts here from My Sweet and Savory since I have put it to sleep.  I love my Donna recipes and want to share them with you.  There will be several new posts brought over and I do hope you make some of them.  Donna produces good recipes.***

Wednesday is approaching which means Donna Hay comes onto the scene.  This week, I chose the recipe and as a lover of chicken cutlets and sauces with soy as a main component, this was easy to select.  This recipe took little time to prepare as well as a short time to cook. 


Hubby called to tell me when he was due home.  Twenty minutes before that time, I started with the chicken.  I had taken out the ingredients when I arrived home from work.  I was ready to go.



The cutlets cooked in the liquid which thickened up and which I added to fried rice.  Yummy.  I also served spinach to make a well balanced dinner, for us.



This used more sesame oil than I usually use and I was nervous because that is not a favorite but it must have worked since I didn't taste it.  I used Mirin for the cooking wine.  I am not sure what the Chinese wine referred to. 



This worked in well with the leftover rice.  Someone had asked me to make them a side dish, the other day and I made two casseroles, no additional cooking.  I simply microwaved the spinach (I only had frozen) and I had dinner on the table, on time.  Happy husband ---- happy me.


Soy Simmered Chicken (page 100 in Modern Classics I )

This had only a few ingredients, ginger, Mirin, cinnamon,anise, sesame oil, soy sauce and the chicken cutlets.  I don't have the recipe in front of me.  I think, I got all the ingredients.  Will get the book and check it out.  Making this basically meant mixing the ingredients and cooking the cutlets in it.  How easy is that?

Check out the other lovely ladies of the Donna Hay group - KayteMargaret and Gaye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost