Baked Mozzarella and Tomato Dip - Donna Hay

****I have decided to move my Donna Hay posts here from My Sweet and Savory since I have put it to sleep.  I love my Donna recipes and want to share them with you.  There will be several new posts brought over and I do hope you make some of them.  Donna produces good recipes.***


I was right about this being an easy recipe although, the recipes, we have made in our group, have been generally easy to make.  This was an oven dish, through and through.  I baked the sauce and of course the bread was toasted in the oven.  Instead of drizzling olive oil, I sprayed with cooking oil (olive).    The cheese did not melt, nor brown, easily so I upped the heat to 500 degrees for 1 minute and that did the trick.

This would have been good with garlic bread and actually, it could translate into a pasta sauce.  I did add just a smidge of sugar to the sauce.  It needed something and I was hoping that something was sugar.  It was.  Since this was not for hubby, I was able to include the garlic.  A real treat......

Baked Mozzarella and Tomato Dip

Ingredients:

1 can crushed tomatoes (16 ounces)
1 clove garlic, crushed
sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 x 140g buffalo mozzarella or brocconcini, halved
olive oil, for drizzling
oregano leaves, to serve (I forgot and I have them growing in my garden, still.)

4 slices white bread without crust
spray olive oil

Method:

Preheat oven to 390°F. To make the crisps, spray the bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Cut into strips and place on baking trays. Bake for 5 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool.

Divide the tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper between 2 x 1½ cup-capacity  ovenproof dishes and stir to combine. 

Top each with a piece of mozzarella and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with oregano leaves and serve with the crisps.

The original recipe can be found here.

Linked to Full Plate Thursday

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya, this is so yummy and tempting. Great for breakfast, tea time, snacks as well as for party. Thanks for sharing and have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mozzarella and tomato..a heavenly combo! This looks very delicious, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your post with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost