Smoked Salmon Spread - Ina Garten Fridays

The first Friday of the month has arrived and so has Ina Garten Fridays.  Ina Fridays is a group who cooks recipes from the Barefoot Contessa monthly.  We do have a theme as to what part of the meal is represented.  This month, we are sharing appetizers.  I left my choice to the end of the month and as life would have it, an answer came to me by chance.  

My husband went to a Bris (ritual circumcision) in the morning and brought me back a bagel and a large piece of cheese cake.  The day before, looking for appetizers, I had come across this spread but was not enthusiastic.  When I saw the bagel, I thought perfect, I will have it on a bagel.  I only cut up half to make it an appetizer.  It would have been yummy between two halves of the whole bagel.

Smoked Salmon Spread (Ina Garten)  (adapted)

Ingredients:


8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature (I used whipped cream cheese)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced  dill
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 pound  smoked salmon,torn into small pieces

Method:

Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish and pepper to the cream cheese and mix. 


Add the smoked salmon and mix well.

Chill and serve with crudites or crackers or bites of bagels.

Check out our other posts and see what dishes have been made,
Alyce @ More Time at the Table  (our dynamic leader)
Anna @ Cheese with Noodles
Ansh @ Spice Roots
Barbara @ Moveable Feasts
Bhavna @ Just a Girl From AAmchi Mumbai..
Chaya @ Bizzy Bakes
Linda, @ Tumbleweed Contessa
Mary @ The Egg Farm
Minnie @ The Lady 8 Home
Mireya @ My Healthy Eating Habits
Patti @ Comfy Cuisine
Peggy@ Pantry Revisited
Rocky Mountain Woman @ Rocky Mountain Woman
Veronica@ My Catholic Kitchen


Our newest member is Roz at La Bella Vita Cucina.

Linked to: Eat.Create. Party!   Foodie Friends Friday
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

Comments

  1. I loved smoked salmon - something I really miss about living in So. Florida is a good bagel with lox...they just don't get the concept here in UT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great - smoked salmon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great on a bagel! I'd like it in an omelet, too! Happy Ina Friday and Good Shabbos! (Did I get that right ?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love salmon and smoke it myself. This would be great with smoked-at-home salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good choice. Love to see what everybody makes for Ina Friday.

    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds wonderful. I never use smoked salmon but need to try it! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a lovely spread for an appetizer, and perfect for a bagel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sounds pretty wonderful. Thanks for Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost