Fresh Peach Cake - Ina Garten



We are having an extra amount of company, this Shabbos (Sabbath) which means I do additional baking. I have Ina's book, How Easy is That?   I was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee and I landed on the page with this recipe. I just knew the coffee would be that much better with a piece of cake. This also is another dessert recipe to use for Ina Fridays.  Please do join us.

Fresh Peach Cake   (adapted) Barefoot Contessa How Easy Is That? 



Ingredients:
1/2 cup oil
1½ cups sugar, divided
2  eggs, at room temperature
1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon baking soda 

zest from 1 orange and 1 lemon (I left this out of the apple crisp and was not going to let it go to waste.)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 large, ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced

Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.

Mix the oil and 1 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs, one at a time, then the sour cream and vanilla, and mix until the batter is smooth. 


In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. (Also add the zest at this point.  Slowly add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix just until combined. 

In a small bowl, combine the remaining ½ cup sugar and the cinnamon.

Spread half of the batter evenly in the pan. Top with half of the peaches, then sprinkle with two-thirds of the sugar mixture. 


Spread the remaining batter on top, arrange the remaining peaches on top, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture and the pecans.

Bake the cake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.


Check out the other cooks and bakers.

Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

Comments

  1. I've never seen this recipe before. I have some peaches that need to be used. I think this would be perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost chose this recipe and the cake batter seems very similar to the one i did choose. I wonder if it tastes similar. Lovely cake chaya. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love peaches! This sounds really good but will have to wait until we have ripe peaches at the Farmers' Market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum. I cant remember the last time I had a peach cake! Pinned and shared. Thanks for linking at The Yuck Stops Here. Hope to see you again next week. Chrystal @ YUM eating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting cake Chaya, love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything peach, this cake looks delicious! How did it turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The topping looks delicious. I would enjoy this very much with a cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost