Alyce's Gazpacho


This is the best summer lunch, a delicious cold soup.  The process to make it went quickly and easily.  I can't serve it with crab but that is the life of a kosher "kook" and it really does not make a dent into our lives.  There is mock crab but I don't have any or I would have used it.  It is not one of the items, I keep in stock.

This recipe comes from 
Soups and Sides for Every Season by Alyce Morgan. I know that Alyce is a favorite as our her blogs, More Time at the Table and Dinner Place (Cooking for One) and for the Ina Friday ladies.

Hubby and I enjoyed this for lunch and when we were finished, I noted this was a calorie watcher's dream.  It was made up of tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, red onion  and garlic and of course all kinds of delicious extras to give it the unique flavor.  I basically followed the recipe except, I did not, as mentioned use crab or did I use the baguette.   Since I was putting nothing on top, I used my mandolin to peel part of a cucumber and placed it on top.  It added crunch and made the soup even yummier.

This is a no cook recipe and a food processor was used to blend all the ingredients. Normally, this is called Spiked Gazpacho because it have tequila.  We don't have any in the house and even for Alyce, I am not running to the store for this.

My husband noted how well the flavors were integrated in the soup.  He never says things like this.

I am not posting recipes from this book that are not online.  There are lots of good Alyce recipes on her blog and personally, I think everyone should have a copy of this book.

A note:  Alyce has her soups in seasons.  This is a Summer Soup and it did just hit the spot.

Linked to Totally Talented Tuesday      Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays      Waste Not Want Not Wednesdays      Whatsits Wednesday      Fresh Foods Wednesdays       What's Cooking Wednesday     Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays

Comments

  1. Thanks, Chaya! I'm so glad you liked it. I really enjoy it with the baguette for dunking and, of course, like the crab and the tequila--- I'm just delighted to know it was good WITHOUT all those things. Love summer soups! SOUPS & SIDES FOR EVERY SEASON is available on amazon.com, of course, but if you check out my blogs, you can win a free copy for making the listed recipe and sending me a pic. Get cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! Pinned. Thanks so much for being a part of our party! Please join us tonight at 7 pm. We love having YOU! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost