Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies




When I was on my baking spree for Ina Fridays, I ended up making a whole bunch of goodies including these which I did not have time to write up when the linky first came out.  I plan to add it now.

I made these for hubby as a special treat and did not serve them to the rest of the family. After all, they had chocolate cake, peach cake, apple crisp and sorbet.  I never served the ice cream that I bought.  A bit of overkill but I know the grand kids like the apple crisp, some of the adults are peach cake fans and everyone likes chocolate.  My daughter-in-law is a sorbet fan.  I wanted everyone to go home full but that happened before dessert.

Hubby smoked two chickens and they were incredible and they disappeared quickly.  I was happy to see that two of the grandchildren were fans of quinoa but my very delicious veggie muffins were not as successful.    Sometimes, cute does not work.

Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies - Ina Garten, adapted

Ingredients:


3/4 cup oil
1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour mixture
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon  salt
3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
 1/2 cups raisins
 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped

Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix the oil, brown sugar 
 and granulated sugar together. Add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.

Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together into a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture
. Add the oats, raisins, and pecans and mix just until combined.

Using a larger cookie scoop (I think it is a tablespoon size)
 mounds of dough onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper.

 Flatten slightly with a damp hand. 

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer the cookies to a baking rack and cool completely.

Comments

  1. I love making oatmeal cookies and it's lovely to have a recipe that is gluten free. I've pinned and shared this post. Thank you for sharing it, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks great! Thanks for sharing them on Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, I'm featuring and pinning them this week :)

    (And just a note to other readers to make sure that they use certified GF oats because there's a high chance of cross-contamination with oats)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound good, I wish it wasn't too hot to bake! Thanks for sharing - hello from Waste Not Want Not Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost