Roasted Tomato Omelet - Donna Hay

****I have decided to move my Donna Hay posts here from My Sweet and Savory since I have put it to sleep.  I love my Donna recipes and want to share them with you.  There will be several new posts brought over and I do hope you make some of them.  Donna produces good recipes.***



This photo was blurry.  I worked with a photo program and it pulled the lines from the blurry area and they can now be seen.  If it is a bit sharp, that is the reason why, but now you can see that they egg is an egg.

This is a wonderful omelet that could be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  I chose to make it our last meal of the day.  You can find the recipe on Donna's site and below.


Bacon is not a kosher food so I subbed in some roast turkey pieces.  I browned them a bit before using them.  This recipe is simply roasting the tomatoes for about ten minutes and making the meat and then the egg, topping it with the tomatoes and I used parsley instead of  arugula.  We liked it and I see variations to make in the future.  I think spinach would be a great addition.  Sausage could be used in place of the turkey.



roasted tomato omelette   This is Donna's original recipe.


250g cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
sea salt and cracked black pepper
4 rashers bacon, trimmed (turkey for me)
4 eggs
1 tablespoon chopped chives
100g rocket (arugla) leaves


Preheat oven to 180°C (355ºF). Place the tomatoes, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a baking dish and toss to coat. Roast for 10−12 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.


Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon for 4−5 minutes each side or until crispy. Place the eggs and chives in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes or until set. Top the omelette with rocket and roasted tomatoes and serve with crunchy toast. Serves 2.


Check out my fellow Donna Hay fans and see what they have done with this recipe.

Comments

  1. I can't wait for my garden tomatoes to finish growing so I can make lots of yummy recipes like this! Pinned and shared. Thank you for linking with us at The Yuck Stops Here. Hope to see you this week for the new party! Please grab a party button if you have not done so already. Chrystal @ YUMeating

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost