-Tomato and Basil Poached Fish- Donna Hay

****I have decided to move my Donna Hay posts here from My Sweet and Savory since I have put it to sleep.  I love my Donna recipes and want to share them with you.  There will be several new posts brought over and I do hope you make some of them.  Donna produces good recipes.***


This week was a real winner for my Wednesdays with Donna Hay. Kayte chose this marvelous -Tomato and Basil Poached Fish, on page 96 (photo page 97) in Off the Shelf. We both loved it and ate every single drop in the pan.

This recipe had potatoes, onions, fish (I used salmon because, I had no time to go to the store to get some flounder or sole, which was what I had planned on using.)

I added some kale which fit like a glove.

It called for a lot more tomatoes than vegetable soup and I split the two equally. At that, I had to add some more soup to keep the salmon under the liquid. I found that it kept drying up, at the bottom of the pan. I added the kale for the last five minutes.


Linked to:    Full Plate Thursday     Foodie Friday  Foodtastic Fridays   Real Food Recipe RoundUp   Waste Not Want Not Wednesdays        Gluten-Free Wednesday     Fresh Foods Wednesdays       What's Cooking Wednesday     Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost