Potato Rosti - Donna Hay

****I have decided to move my Donna Hay posts here from My Sweet and Savory since I have put it to sleep.  I love my Donna recipes and want to share them with you.  There will be several new posts brought over and I do hope you make some of them.  Donna produces good recipes.***




The "Donna Hay Group" made a side dish which  I selected but had great doubts about.

It sounded weird, the way it was put together, a bunch of potato strips (very thin), Parmesan and black pepper plus some olive oil.  This gets put on parchment paper on a baking sheet and is baked.  I thought, I was going to get something that falls apart but it didn't.  It stayed together and had a strong and most pleasant taste - real potato taste in a refined way.

At first, I peeled strips of potato and this got quite tedious.  Suddenly, I realized that the mandolin would  turn a chore into an "cinch" job.  In a little more than a minute, I had a nice pile of strips.  I mixed these with the remaining ingredients and put it in the oven for about 23 minutes.  (This means, I don't remember if it took 20 or 25.)

If you are a Donna Hay fan, please join us.  We are using her books and any recipe online for our choices.  The group is small so we get to visit each other and for me, also get inspired.  

Linked to: Showcase Your Talent Thursday       Foodie Friday  Foodtastic Fridays   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost