Soft Poached Eggs with Sweet Potato Hash Browns - Donna Hay


Margaret of Tea and Scones chose Soft Poached Eggs with Sweet Potato Hash Browns. I broke this down in my head and realized, there were two items, I did not have. One was asparagus which hubby does not eat and the other was sour cream for the topping. What was left was an easy recipe sweet potato cakes with a soft boiled egg on top. Actually, I cooked mine longer so it would not be soft boiled which is not our favorite. I, also served a few plain and ended up planning to make them for a side dish, for the holiday.

When I make them again, I plan to bake them, rather than fry them. Mine were not cooking in the middle so I put them in the oven while the egg cooked. The few minutes there finished the perfectly. I would like to see how they come out, only baked, missing the browning and crisping of the fry. I think, it will still be good.

Linked to: Full Plate Thursday     Showcase Your Talent Thursday   

Comments

  1. A filling and delicious breakfast! The eggs are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, yum! Love the idea of sweet potato cakes topped with those gorgeous looking eggs - which would probably be runny poached eggs for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy... sweet potato hash looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost