Salmon and Eggplant Curry


Cooking Light and Eating Well are two of my favorite food magazines.  I appreciate their approach to healthy eating and their recipes seem to be perfect for me.  I go through one after another checking them off to make in the future.

My introduction to Eating Well was winning in on one of the gluten-free sites.  From that day on, I kept res-subscribing and look forward to its arrival.

The recipe, I made for dinner comes from an old Eating Well magazine, July/August 2009.  Since my lukewarm attitude toward eggplant has become an enthusiastic approach, I search for eggplant recipes and one with salmon could not be allowed to escape uncooked.


Salmon and Eggplant Curry   (adapted)

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil

 1 teaspoon curry powder

1 onion, chopped

1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

1 14-ounce can “lite” coconut milk

1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
2 skinned salmon fillets,, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
3 tablespoons lime juice



Method:


Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. 

Add curry powder and onionand cook, stirring, 4 minutes. 

Add eggplant and cook, stirring, until the eggplant is coated with the curry mixture, about 2 minutes.

Add coconut milk, soy sauce and brown sugar to the pan. (Feel free to use honey or maple syrup in place of the sugar.)

Bring to a boil; stir in salmon and snow peas. 

Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the salmon is cooked through and the peas are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. 

Remove from the heat. Stir in basil and lime juice.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to:  Foodie Friday  Foodtastic Fridays   The Yuck Stops Here       Freedom Fridays     Real Food Friday    Fight Back Friday     Making Monday    Simple Supper Tuesday     

Comments

  1. I'm totally with you about cooking mags. I love them! I love to thumb through them and find recipe I'm dying to try and recipe that I want to fiddle with a little. Thanks again for sharing with us on The Yuck Stops Here recipe link party! See you soon! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost