Mile High Peanut Butter Brownie Pie

 The title sold me, before I even looked at the ingredients.  With a name like Mile High Peanut Butter Brownie Pie, it just had to be delicious.   It was also easy because this time, I copped out and use a ready-made pie shell and a box of brownie mix.  Of course, this is because I am so good and in preparing for Passover, I simply had to use this up.  I also finished off a jar of peanut butter.  I am good.

 

Mile High Peanut Butter Brownie Pie

 Ingredients

  • 1 pie shell
  • 1 box Brownie Mix
  • 1/4 cup Peanut Butter Chips
  • 1/3 cup Canola  Oil
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 1egg
  • 1 package (8 oz.) Tofutti cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed=
  • 2 tablespoons  Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate

Directions

  1. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, peanut butter chips, oil, water and egg 50 strokes with spoon. Pour batter into crust-lined pie plate.
  2.  Bake 30 to 40 minutes, covering edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is golden brown and center of brownie is set. Cool slightly, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour or until completely cooled.
  3.  In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture over brownie. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Store covered in refrigerator. 10 servings. 
  4.  
    How easy is that?  Who says that?  Is it Ina?  Smart lady.  I must make an Ina recipe.
    Linked to:      Foodie Friday    http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2011/01/foodie-friday-.html
    Melt in Your Mouth Mondays   This Week's Cravings









Comments

  1. looks wonderful delicious with peanut butter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! What a great post for a Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. first time here!! this recipe looks Yum.. following u.. u've wonderful collection of recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's adding a fantastic pie to ur already wonderful collection of recipes and this one is truely mile high on flavor and deliciousness.
    Ahh , aint suprised this one caught ur attention and yeah u use up the stuff well.
    I need to pick all ur tips along as am packing up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i love this! Looks amazing and so sinful. i can see myself eating the whole thing though which might be a problem. So impressed with how high it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bizzy, this really looks delicious. I love peanut butter and this would really hit the spot. You asked about using almond butter. If it has the same consistency and spreads like PB it should work. I'd toast the almonds though. Have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. These flavors are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, eating that pie would be like eating a slice of heaven. I'd like to invite you to stop by and link it up to Sweets for a Saturday #10. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum! I think this sounds great! thanks for linking up to This Week's Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost