Creamy Chocolate Puffs

Before making wontons, I made a variety of puff pastry creations.  Anything sweet was pulled off the shelves and into my puff pastry creations.  Frantically opening containers and matching up the contents with another jar or box, was fun and challenging.  Puff pastry was easy too work with and in most cases, resulted in successful cookies.  I ran out of puff pastry before I ran out of ideas.

One of the boxes of puff pastry came in squares and were much easier to work with.  I used them first for the cookies, I rolled up.

I made different kinds of these and the best were the chocolate chips and Tofutti cream cheese.

Creamy Chocolate Puffs

Ingredients:

1 box puff pastry (8 squares)
1 container Tofutti cream cheese (non dairy)
1 cup of chocolate chips

   
Procedure:
Preheat the oven to 400°F.  
melted margarine 
Lay out the 8 squares on a lightly floured surface.  Brush the pastry sheet with the melted margarine.  Spread the Tofutti cream cheese onto the pastry and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.  Next time, I would sprinkle brownulated sugar on the cream cheese and then add the chocolate chips. 
Starting at the short side, roll up like a jelly roll.  Repeat with the remaining pastry sheets.

Using a sharp knife, carefully cut each pastry roll crosswise into 5 slices.  Place the slices, cut-side up, onto 2 baking sheets.  Either brush with melted margarine or spray with cooking oil.

Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.  Check, starting at 15 minutes.


Comments

  1. Delicious!!! and i have started my event Treat to eyes series 2, do participate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! And, I happen to have some puff pastry in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please! =) Puff pastry is pretty awesome. There are so many things you can do with it! Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh creamy chocolate puffs where are you right now when I need like 100 of you?????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost