Spinach and Zucchini Soup Adapted from food.com
3 - 4 cups homemade chicken soup with pieces of chicken *****
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4 inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans, such as cannellini (or 1 15-oz can, rinsed and drained)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onion 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add zucchini, and cook 8 minutes more, or until vegetables are well browned.
- Add vegetable broth and water, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in beans and spinach, and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest.
|Linked to Networked Recipes|
Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays
Hearth and Soul
What's On the Menu Wednesdays?