Oven Sweet Potato "Fries" - QED Quick, Easy and Delicious


I love these and don't make them often enough.  Fries are part of our American culture, stemming back to the colonial times, in this country.  I can see how easy, they would be for the early colonists, to cook and eat. Was this their dessert or a side dish or possible a main?

All I know, is that I am glad, these have come down the generations and are cooked in a variety of ways.  One of my favorites is the savory sweet potato salad and then there are times that candies sweets, call my name.

This time, it was baked fries.  I am attempting to stay away from frying foods.  Note, I say this as I plan to make won-tons, later which will probably be fried.  Back to my more nutritious sweet potatoes.  This is a Quick and Easy recipe.  The baking time is over the goal of thirty minutes but the prep work is fast and if you have the extra time to work on your other dishes, this is perfect.

My husband won't let me use our new mandolin because of the bloody fingers, I had been ending up with.  He decided to cut these gems to protect me.   As the blood gushed, I knew, the time would come, when we would laugh at this.

When he went to wash his cut, I took the sweet potato and sliced it.  To his horror, when he returned, there I was, piling up the slices.  He loves me and proved it by taking over the mandolin and finished the job.

For the recipe - Oven Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients:

2 - 3 large sweet potatoes ( at least one per person - these are addictive.)
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon brownulated sugar  (I use the brownulated because of the granulation which separates each particle of the sugar from the others.  It also doesn't harden.)
Spray cooking oil

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Peel and cut sweet potatoes into thin fries.  This can be done by hand.
Lay out the potatoes on parchment paper on a cookie sheet with low sides.
Sprinkle with the pumpkin pie spice and then with the brown sugar.
Spray cooking oil lightly over all the potatoes.
Bake, checking at 30 minutes.  This may take up to 45 minutes.

Delicious!

 Linked to What's Cooking in the Kitchen 
Sunday Recipe Swap
 

Comments

  1. This looks good! How sweet of your husband to cut up the sweet potatoes for you! Return that mandolin! No recipe is worth bloody fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered these out for the first time and loved them thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These do look quick and easy, and SO good. I make a similar recipe but I use cumin and coriander, and no sugar. More of a savory mix I guess. This one looks nice though. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love sweet potatoes... would love for you to link this at our
    Make a Food-"e"-Friend Monday
    party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make these too and we LOVE them - Lovely post and thanks for entering to my event :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm love me some sweet potato "fries"... I make mine like wedges, not shoe string like yours... i'm going to have to give yours a try! Thanks for linking up to Katie's Cucina the other week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost