Puffy Hearts QED

As "clean-up" time continues, I am ridding the house of puff pastry and frozen spinach.  Weird combination but that is what I have an abundance of.  I rarely use puff pastry and will buy a package, on occasion, not realizing, I have one in the freezer.  There were those two packages of puff pastry to be made invisible or even better, to be made delicious.

I decided, after researching recipes that use puff pastry to make cookies, I would start out simple and then try something slightly more elaborate.  My first try was the best, sweet and simple.   It turned out to be cinnamon puffy hearts.  They were soft and puffy and the cinnamon taste prevailed making good cookies.  These are a snap to make unless you mind rolling out the dough.

The first box, I took from the freezer, were puff pastry squares.  They were easy to work with and I am glad, they were my first choice.  I lay out the squares and sprinkled with a cinnamon sugar mixture, cut out shapes and baked.  Easy?

 Puffy Hearts

Ingredients:

1 box Kineret puff pastry squares
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons melted margarine
(Alter the amount of sugar and melted margarine  or butter to your liking.)

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix sugar and cinnamon together.
Sprinkle the entire surface of the puff pastry squares with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Cut into shapes.  I made hearts.  Make flowers, squares, circles, animals........you name it.
Place on parchment covered baking sheet.
Bake in oven for 10 minutes.  Start checking at 8 minutes.  When golden brown and remove from oven and place on wire rack and allow to cook for several minutes.

These are so sweet and delicate, they would be perfect for a tea or to pop into a child's mouth or for me.
Linked to Potluck Sundays  
Masterpiece Mondays   -   Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays




Comments

  1. cool cutlets ,perfect for tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the puffy hearts! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..I like to grab all of them and eat..hmmnnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower from Pink Dandy Chatter's Sunday Blog Hop. Please stop by my blog when you can & Follow me. Thanks! http://mommywholovesgiveaways.blogspot.com/2011/05/sunday-blog-hops.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm following you from the bloghop! Can't wait to try some of your recipes. Hope you had a great weekend!

    Nancy

    Hope you'll follow back at http://thatsoundslikecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. those look yummy!!!
    You now have a new follower, Can you please Follow back?
    http://christy1986p.blogspot.com/

    Tweet with me on Twitter to.
    http://twitter.com/#!/CHRISTY1986P

    Become a fan on my Christina's voice Fan page.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Christinas-Voice/133218916750446

    Thanks have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost