More and Better Pie Dough Cookies - QED

Link Up Lounge     

Today, I defrosted two more pie shells, the last of my stock.  I, again, experimented and turned out a wonderful cinnamon cookie.  I brought them to my class with chocolate cookies.  At first, they all took a chocolate cookie and then a cinnamon which is more simple.  After that, all they wanted was the cinnamon cookies.  They turned out to be delicious and so easy to make.

Now, that the pie shells are gone, I am turning to wontons and then puff pastry.  Stay around for some fun.
 
This is for later for coffee  to drink with the cookies.

Cinnamon Pie Shell Cookies - the Fifth Graders' Choice

Ingredients:

Pie shell dough - either frozen store-bought or homemade

butter or margarine (Don't tell.  I used spray cooking oil.  It worked beautifully.  Paula Deen is not my name.) 
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup granulated sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
If you are using scraps, roll them into a large rectangle.  If you are using a pie shell, just roll it so the sides are flat.
Mix cinnamon and sugar in small bowl and put aside.
Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.  I also used a knife to make small rectangles.
Place cookies on parchment paper on cookie sheets.
Spray one side of each cookie and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture
Bake for 7 to 10 minutes.  Mine were finished at 9 minutes but I started checking them earlier. 

Take a bite.  Get a cup of coffee or tea.  Grab a chair.  Relax and enjoy each bite.
These have nut crunch and a little cinnamon sugar on top.
These were the favorites.

Linked to the Ultimate Recipe Swap

Comments

  1. I hate to waste food, so your trick is perfect next time I have pie crust remnants. Plus it seems so easy to make; 10 minutes and we'll have a delicious snack :-]

    JACKIE AT PHAMFATALE.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy,
    Chanced upon your space while blog hopping...awesome space you have with interesting collection of recipes..Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime.
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have leftover pie dough! This is just a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks alot dear for your entry.. this looks awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Would love for you to link this one or any of your other MOST POPULAR recipes in our Star Recipes Collection (recently started but growing daily)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reminding me of a childhood favorite! I made these for SRC club today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost