Vegetable Soup with Pasta

I am kosher which means we do not eat milk products and meat at the same meal.  When, I selected this recipe, I knew, I would have to choose if I was going to make the soup with the cheese or with the meat.  We have been eating little meat so I decided, a hearty soup with sausage would go a long way.

Browning the onions and sausage gave a rich flavor to this soup and there was a contrast in textures between the noodles and sausage.  The vegetables, zucchini, tomato, onion, carrot and peas were just the right taste sensations for a soup filled with flavor.  This one should be seen on our table, quite often.

This is only the third recipe I have made from Thirty Minute Pasta and I can say, they all have been delicious.  Each one has been easy to make and fulfilled the required 30 minutes.  It is a pleasure, to come home from work and have a delicious filling meal, on the table in such a short time.





 I bet you would like to join in the fun and cook with us.  Having light pasta dishes, once a week, is such a pleasure.  If you are a pasta lover, come on and join us.
Linked to  What's On Your Plate?   
No Whine WednesdayReal  Food Wednesdays     Tuesday Tasty Tidbits     Ultimate Recipe Swap
GCC
Ingredient Spotlight

Comments

  1. This looks great. It's hard to get my kids to eat veggies but they do like soups, so I make a lot of them.
    What kind of sausage do you use? I have never tried sausage! I always think of it as a non-kosher ingredient...
    -- Rivki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bizzy, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'd love the info about the Dorie club! :) Please send it my way if you have a moment. rivkilocker at gmail dot com. Thanks loads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love that kind of sausage in soups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated ur blog for babbles top 100 :-) and voted for u too!
    Ur 67 there , now , please ask ur frens and family to vote for u too and win away....
    http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/dinner/top-100-food-mom-blog-2011-nominate-a-food-blog/#

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't made this soup yet, so your review was fabulous! You're part of the round up at Can't Believe We Ate...it's a pleasure to have you, and thanks so much for the linky!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great. I think you made the right choice with the sausage over the cheese. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost