Sweet Corn Soup

 Tonight, I made a delicious dinner.  I just did not make enough of it.  Who would have known?  I made stuffed spinach-onion pancakes, stuffed with goat's cheese.  It was wonderful.  I can't wait to play around with recipe and try different versions.  I only got 6 pancakes out of the batter and serving it with only a tomato salad, we were hungry.


I found this recipe on a delightful blog, Dil Se.  I go there often and usually find something, I want to make.  Drop by and say, "Hello."


Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons brown rice flour
2 cups frozen corn kernels
 6 baby carrots cut into matchsticks
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
2 slices Basil and tomato jack cheese, shredded
2 teaspoons chopped parsley 

Directions:


In a large microwave dish or casserole, combine the olive oil and the onion.
Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until the onion is tender.
Stir in the flour to form a paste.
Stir in corn, carrots and broth.
Microwave on high for 8 minutes or until heated through.
Add 2 cups of milk.   I used low-fat.
Add salt and pepper to taste.   
 Microwave for another 3-5 minutes until soup is hot.
Add cheese and microwave until it is stringy. (2 - 3 minutes)
With a slotted spoon, remove a cup or two of the vegetables.  Do not remove cheese.
Using an immersion blender, blend the remaining soup until it is the texture you prefer.  
Return the vegetables to the soup.
Stir in the chili sauce.  If you like heat in your soup, add more chili sauce than the 1 teaspoon, I used.
Garnish with parsley.





Linked to Souper Sundays - Send your favorite soup recipes over.

Comments

  1. The pancakes sound so good Chaya! And so does the soup - I love the pureed ones like this. Hope you are having a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. Would love to guest post! Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P. S. You can contact me at rivkilocker at gmail dot com. Looking forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious--especially with that cheese it in. Sounds like the perfect filler for dinner. Thanks for sharing it at Souper Sundays. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost