Zucchini Gratin

It is Ina Time, which means the group from Ina's Garden are posting zucchini recipes.  Zucchini has never tasted so good.  Peggy from Pantry Revisited chose zucchini gratin for our next Ina recipe .  You can find the recipe here

Please feel free to post any zucchini recipe from Ina.  A few recipes are listed at Ina's Garden found here.  You can get information about the group there.  You will find linkys at each of the host's blog as well as one at Ina's Garden.

 The next two themes are:
 July 21st - Sweet Baked Love
August 4th - Appetizing Appetizers and Snacks featuring Rosemary Roasted Cashews

I went along with Peggy on the zucchini gratin.  Peggy is posting the recipe.  You can also find it at Food Network as mentioned above.

I made this,  two weeks ago and I don't remember too much about the process.  I will post the ingredients and show you the changes I made.  I, sometimes wonder if there is a recipe, I will completely work with.  Although, bringing our creativity to a recipe makes it more personal and for me, I feel as if it  is a gift to my hubby.
  • 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, plus extra for topping - (used about 2 tablespoons)
  • 3 large yellow onions, cut in 1/2 and sliced
  • 4 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
  • 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (instead of 2 teaspoons)
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
  • 1 cup hot Rice milk (instead of milk)
  • 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs  potato chips ground
  • 3/4 cup grated Gruyere gouda
I made this gluten-free.  I love gouda and have been using it in place of different cheese, in some of my cooking.

While, I do not remember much of the preparation for this dish, I do remember how both hubby and I enjoyed eating it.  I think, it is time to make this, again.  It is easy to make and I could see making this a regular dish.

 Picture of Zucchini Gratin Recipe Photo: Zucchini Gratin Recipe - Food Network

I hope you have made something to share with us.  This linky will be open for two weeks so there is time to join us, which we would very much like.

Once again, the two themes are:

The next two themes are:
 July 21st - Sweet Baked Love
August 4th - Appetizing Appetizers and Snacks featuring Rosemary Roasted Cashews

Our hostesses are:


 



If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact Chaya or April.   We look forward to your participation.

Linked to MMMM




Comments

  1. I bet this is going to be a very popular recipe with the zucchini bounty many are enjoying! It sounds just delicious!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'll have to remember the potato chip substitution the next time I'm out of bread crumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using potato chips in the topping - it would make it taste so good! I also like the idea of using gouda too - I found the gruyere a bit strong. You've made some great adjustments to this recipe - I'm looking forward to making it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. believe it or not, this is the exact same dish I have planned to make tonight with all the zucchinis from my garden- it has certainly been the star veggie of my veggie patch along with close runner-ups, tomatoes, patty pans and now chilies :) May not make the deadline for linking, but I will try! cheers, priya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recipe looks really delicious. I am always turning things gluten free as well. I have a Celiac daughter.
    I would love it if you would join in on my blog party with your recipe at Permanent Posies. The party name is Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits. I think you might have joined in before. Anyway, here is the link: http://permanentposies.com/2011/07/atomic-chicken/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gratin looks fabulous! I'd forgotten that it was a wee bit on the salty side, so your tweak of the amount was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great recipe for a vegetable that is coming off the vines in large amounts right now. Thanks for sharing with Cookbook Sundays, and please come again! PS now following.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this looks delicious! I love zucchini :)
    Thanks for sharing the recipe,
    Holy Cannoli Recipes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost