Thick, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are another cookie for the soldiers.  I baked two variations of chocolate chip cookies.  You will find the other on My Sweet and Savory.    I think, this is my favorite, of the two but both were better than average.  Both came close to King Arthur's Flour CCCs.

What more can I say about chocolate chip cookies other than these are soft and chewy and the way a great CCC should me, in my opinion.  There is one more thing.  This cookie has only brown sugar which is the key to a great cookie, opposed to a good cookie.


Thick, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - Adapted from My Recipes

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup (1/2 lb.) margarine, at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2  eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) Since I am sending these to soldiers who may be allergic to nuts, I decided to leave them out of the cookies.)

Method:


1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.


2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.


3. Drop dough in 2-tablespoon (1/8-cup) portions, 2 inches apart, onto buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
(I made mine smaller, using my teaspoon cookie scoop.)


4. Bake in a 400° oven until cookies are lightly browned and no longer wet in the center (break one open to check), 6 to 8 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking. (Since my cookies were smaller, I thought I would have to cut down the baking time and I started checking at 4 minutes.  I found that they needed the six minutes.


5. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thin spatula under them to release; let stand on pan to firm up, 2 to 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.

We thought, these were unbelievable, and I hate to admit that we ate up about ten of them.  I think, I had better bake some more, for the soldiers.  How can I take food out of their mouths, so to speak?


Menu Mondays




Comments

  1. I've made those cookies too. Unfortunately, my oven flattened them, so yours look way better than mine did. I do remember that they did taste really good though, but, like you said, not as good as the KAF ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wondeful, Chaya---I'll have to try the all brown sugar trick, I've never heard of that before!

    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. All brown sugar huh? I will try that next time, these look like my kind of cookies - not flat with lots of shape left (and chewy)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my hubbys favorite cookies he would be so happy I am going to make a batch of these just for him come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost