Cinnamon Nut Cookies

I finished my baking for the soldiers.  Each recipe yielded between 4 - 6 dozen and I baked 5 different recipes.  I wonder how far that goes.  I have no idea how many people share it.  I admit, I am feeling good about this.  

Sometimes, we are helpless to help others.  This is such an easy way to make an impact, small as it may be.  There are times, we can't find something to do to help and those are the times that are filled with sadness. 

On that note, if anyone wants to get involved, go to Baking Gals or  let me know and I will connect you.  If you like to bake and can afford do this, give it some consideration.

I have realized over my two years of blogging that food bloggers (This is not a comment on other bloggers- I just don't know them.) are generous in many ways.  Every time, I turn around, a foodie is helping a person in a trouble or helping a country in trouble. This is a benefit, I did not expect, when I started blogging.

Now let's bake.

Cinnamon Nut Cookies

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup  margarine, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg beater
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups AP flour
  • 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
 
  • 11/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup sugar
 Method:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. 
In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon .  Put aside.
Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat  the margarine and sugar with an electric beater for two minutes.
Add the egg and vanilla. Continue to beat until integrated. 
Remove bowl from stand and mix in pecans, by hand.
Add all the flour all at once.  Remove from bowl and place on floured counter.  Knead until you have a smooth dough.
Divide dough into two pieces.  Wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper.  Form into 2 long rolls about one inch in diameter.
Place in refrigerator and keep yourself busy or relax for a few hours.
Slice the dough into 1/8 inch thick pieces.  (they do not spread) (if you like thicker cookies, this should work at 1/4 inch.
Dip each cookie into cinnamon sugar.  Try to coat completely. 
  Bake for 9 to 12 minutes.  They should turn slightly golden and the bottom should be a very light tan.\
Linked to Sweet Treats Thursday         Ingredient Spotlight

Comments

  1. What a nice thing to do. They look delicious. They will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job! Yes, it feels good inside knowing that something good came with all the baking! The only thing I did bake for charity was when my kids' school had a "school building fund' project. I contributed homemade cookies and cupcakes for their canteen-day sales. It is not much, but it helps in a small way! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so good! I'll be sure to add them to my care packages when the school year starts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! They'll love these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those look so good. I love cinnamon cookies - especially on rainy days like today. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost