Blueberry Mango Salad

I meant to take a picture when we brought in the Costco order, huge crates of mangoes and strawberries.  Strawberries are usually no problem to use up quickly. Mangoes, I am learning about, as we use them up.  Fortunately for me, there are many mango dishes being shown on the Internet.  I spent about ten minutes, browsing for ideas and then thought about where I needed the mangoes used and what else I had on hand.

Dinner had been pretty much cooked, using some of the mangoes, but dessert and salad were still waiting to be filled.  In the hot weather, dessert is not much in demand and I decided to let it go.  Salad, on the other hand was very much desired so I figured out the perfect one.  I can't take credit for this, not can I give credit.  I am sure, it came to mind, because of the different recipes, I had looked at. Which ones, I have no idea.....

Blueberry Mango Salad

Ingredients:

1 cup blueberries
1 cup cut up mango
1/2 cup brown rice
1/4 teaspoon fresh chives
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice 
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sugar

Method:

I had leftover brown rice.  You can cook up 1/2 cup to use, if you are not that lucky.

Mix the rice, blueberries and mango together in  a small to medium bowl.
In a really small bow, mix together the oil, lemon juice and sugar.   I thought about adding a little vanilla or cinnamon or both.
Mix the dressing into the fruits.  If you need more liquid, add a little orange juice (1 tablespoon) or apple juice.

It is as easy as this and we found it to be cool and refreshing and a dish to make again.
Weekday Potluck Every Tuesday to ThursdayLinked to The Weekend Round-Up  


Mangia Mondays @ Delightfully Dowling
Homemaker Mondays @ 11th Heaven’s Homemaking Haven

July Round-Up       Sweet Treats Thuarsday

Comments

  1. Hi Bizzy B.,

    Thanks for stopping by and also for trying to link up a few posts. I was just over at another friend's linky and hers did not work either after about 5 attempts. So I just ran a little test and posted a pasta sauce recipe and it worked. I'm now your newest follower as a result of you finding me! Hope you stop by again soon and try to re-upload your great recipes! Technology can be so frustrating at times! See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH P.S., I love this mango blueberry salad. So healthy and delish at the same time! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a tasty combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really interesting. You can almost have this for dessert I suppose

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good! Love mangos, and it's blueberry picking season right now so this sounds like a must try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mangoes and this looks like an interesting summer salad.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sad thing in my home is that I will probably never be able to make this incredible dish - my son gobbles up every mango I buy practically before it comes out of the grocery sack!!! That boy loves mangos! Thank you for sharing! Maybe I can sneak some mangos in when he is at work and make this special delight!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to combine these fruits with rice, Chaya. :-) Almost like a rice pudding. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this really looks and sounds delicious! Yum!:)
    Thanks for dropping your link at the Weekday Potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so different with the rice mixed in there - but in a very good way! It combines sweet and savory so well with the sugar and olive oil. Very unique Chaya and certainly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This salad looks wonderful, Chaya! I know I have said it before, but I love it when delicious is good for you too! Blueberries and mango are such a lovely combination. I will be featuring this post on The Weekend Roundup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful! Perfect for Summer, and I like that you incorporated rice with it. Very unique and delicious.

    Thank you so much for submitting this to my monthly recipe collection for July - Cookout Food.

    The new theme for August will be posted tomorrow, and I hope you will submit again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by and linking up to last weeks Menu Mondays! I'd like to invite you to come and share a recipe on this weeks recipe link up: http://myfaithandfamily.wordpress.com/2011/08/01/menu-mondays-creamy-crockpot-red-potatoes/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost