Savory Cheese Cup - QED

It was time to fulfill a yearning for something savory and something dairy.  In my head, I went through all kinds of combinations. As a cream cheese lover, this was to be my path.  Cream cheese is versatile.  We use it for sweet as in cheesecake and we  use it in savory, such as with potatoes, mushrooms or onions.  Put it on a bagel with smoked salmon. 


Off to combine some ingredients and see what happens.  I am making this for one person and that is me.

Savory Cheese Cup

Ingredients:


1 tablespoon Baco Bits
4 ounces whipped cream cheese
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chives
(If you want to get your veggies in, chop up some bell pepper or tomatoes and mix in.)

Method:

Preheat oven 400 degrees F.

Beat the eggs with the cream cheese in a medium bowl.  Beat for about two minutes until the two blend into a smooth "batter".

Add eggs and milk and continue to mix until smooth.

Season with salt and pepper.

If you are adding a vegetable, now is the time to mix it in.

Place in small baking dish.

Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until top is golden brown and mixture is set.

This makes a great breakfast or lunch.  Serve it with a romaine lettuce salad.  It is easy to make and takes little time.
Linked to Tasty Tuesday 
It’s A Blog Party
Hearth N' Soul with A Moderate Life,  
Delectable Tuesday on Home Sweet Farm,
Made from Scratch Tuesday on From Mess Hall to Bistro.

Comments

  1. Yummy! I have whipped cream cheese in my fridge right now just begging to be used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy ! love cheese and veggies. Perfect breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a splendid and savory dish, Chaya! I'd make this in a hot second. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look specially delicious and yumm! gloria


    Bizzy thanks for ask for my Mom she will have her surgery nex Friday, I tell you.
    Thanks a lot, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for new breakfast ideas, espeially ones that are quick to make. This looks like a great one, so thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this for an esy lunch or breakfast

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost