Creamy Cheesy Hash Browns QED

My hubby wanted to do what's for lunch and I went blank.  He usually takes a cheese sandwich to work, everyday, day after day.  You should hear my daughter go on and on about this.  She simply does not understand this.  Actually, neither do I.  

If I fall in love with a particular dish, I can eat it daily for a few days and then, I am bored.  Normally, whatever I grab, before I go to work (I go in, in the afternoon.) is whatever is convenient.  If we have leftovers, I will heat them up and that is brunch.  If there is a good cheese, I will eat that with a salad.  If I can't think of anything, I make an egg or a bowl of soup.  It is "catch as catch can."

I went into the kitchen with no vision but as I stood there, I knew, potatoes were what I wanted.  I cut up some for hash browns and then sour cream popped up, in front of me.  OK, sour cream it was and onions and cheddar.  Who knew what was coming?  (Originally, I was going to add 4 eggs and make an omelet but there was something appealing about making it about potatoes.



Creamy Cheesy Hash Browns - the epitome of comfort food....

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 medium potatoes, diced
1 cup broccoli, chopped (frozen)
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cheddar, shredded
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
When oil is hot, place potatoes in skillet and cook for five to 8 minutes, stirring.
Add chopped onions and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add broccoli and cook until onions are translucent, potatoes - golden and broccoli, heated.
Add sour cream to skillet and mix well.
Add grated cheddar (if my skillet was oven-proof, I would have finished this, in the oven.) and cook until cheese is integrated into the potato mixture.

Serve with salad.



Comments

  1. What a great creation. This looks delicious and I would have loved to have lunch with you. I hope you have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE cheesy potatoes! I don't usually add broccoli but it's a great healthy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good, Chaya! What a great way to use up leftovers and have a lovely lunch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back tomorrow and share more of your recipes.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bizzy!
    So glad you linked up this yummy cheesy hashbrown recipe last week at the Tuesday To Do Party. Sounds so good! I'm behind commenting on everyone's link up because on some technical difficulties...think they're worked out now!!! Come back soon!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost