Sour Cream Coffee Cake-Mini Bundts ---- Ina's Garden

Join us in Ina's Garden



 Tomorrow is Ina's Garden's linky and the theme was selected by Mia who has absolutely the best taste.  She chose Sweet Baked Love.

Baked love is for anyone we love and baked, to me, could be meat loaf or a beautiful cake.  It is what we give out of love.  I stayed with the traditional baked goods and made mini bundts.   If I say so myself,they were delicious.  Sour Cream Coffee Cakes have been part of our lives for many years.  It is the go to cake although I do not have a go to recipe.  This one just might be it.


Sour Cream Coffee Cake  (Adapted - Ina Garten)

Ingredients:

11 tablespoons Canola Oil at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup sour cream
2 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

For the streusel:
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons oil
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
For the glaze:
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons real maple syrup

Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 6 mini bundt cakes.

Cream the oil and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment for 4 to 5 minutes, until light. Add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla and sour cream.

In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture to the batter until just combined. Finish stirring with a spatula to be sure the batter is completely mixed

For the streusel, place the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and oil in a bowl and pinch together with your fingers until it forms a crumble. Mix in the walnuts, if desired.

Spoon half the batter into the pan and spread it out with a knife. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup streusel. Spoon the rest of the batter in the pan, spread it out, and scatter the remaining streusel on top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.

Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes. Carefully transfer the cake, streusel side up, onto a serving plate. Whisk the confectioners’ sugar and maple syrup together, adding a few drops of water if necessary, to make the glaze runny. Drizzle as much as you like over the cake with a fork or spoon.

Ina's Garden is a new group.  If you would like to see what we have baked and how you can join in, please stop by our Ina's Garden Blog.  We would love if you would join in by adding your blog to those that are there, presently.

If you have already participated, welcome back.  What are you sharing with us today?  There are six hosts,  They are listed at Ina's Garden as are our recipes from the past.  If you do not have a baked recipe and doubt, you will have one within the next two weeks, please link up any recipe from Ina.

We look forward to getting to know you.

Creative Juice Thursday
Turning the Table Thursday
Making It with Allie Thursdays
Frugal Follies Thursday
Bake with Bizzy
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Link Party











Comments

  1. What sweet treats! And I love all the different shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good! My favourite kind of cake! A slice would be lovely with coffee, black please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look utterly delicious! I just baked a sourcream cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bizzy look absolutely delicious and cute! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look divine... and I love that they are mini sized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I love your molds. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had something to link up...but it gets me thinking that is for sure! This looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Babe, I absolutely L.O.V.E ur take on love and sweet bakes!
    Super Cuteeeeee!
    And u have chosen well with these mini cakes , i loveee mini and am thinking of baking mini with this one too :-))
    Can imagine all that flavor shining thru :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these - they are so cute! The cake sounds so moist and delicious, and I love the streusel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm jealous of your mini bundt pans because these cakes look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty those mini cakes are! And delicious looking. Thank you for noticing I had not linked up myself. I also did not have a title to my post. I am going crazy this week I think. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing these lovely cakes on Momtrends Friday Food. I adore all the clever and tasty creations that are posted. Have a terrific weekend and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM!!! These look amazing!! :) The streusel is seriously making my mouth water! Thanks for linking this up to our link party last week . . . we would love to have you stop by today and link up more of your great projects and posts at Strut Your Stuff Saturday!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing this delicious post at The Weekend Roundup last week, Chaya! I love this cute little baby cakes! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get round to commenting properly. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost