Cherry - Apple - Blueberry Cobbler - BWD

I meant to post this, last night, but got involved with other "stuff" and time went by and I did not get to it.  My apologies.  I think the holiday is getting in the way of one's normal schedule.  Before, I get busy today, I want this out for you gals and guys.  I think  you will really like this.


The original recipe is called Rhubarb Cherry Cobbler, found on page 415 of Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan.  We are not great fans of rhubarb so I subbed in blueberries and apples in place of the rhubarb.  This turned out to be an awesome combination.  The apples came into play when I noted that I did not have an abundance of blueberries and cherries and thinking, it would be all biscuit, I added the apples.  Brilliant move, on my part, if I say so myself.  The three fruits play off of each other beautifully.  The cherries were sour cherries and I was concerned but it did not matter.  There was enough sweetness to counterbalance this and the cherries blended in nicely.


You can find the other bakers in our group here.I love seeing how different or how much alike our recipes are.  If you are interested in joining our lovely group, contact Needful Things .We would love to have you join in the fun. 




Sorry, no pretty photos.  This was a messy dish with the fruit oozing out, delicious fruit and delicious topping.


Check out Ryan of The Behr Necessities for the recipe.  She did a good job with this one.

Good Cheap Eats
Delectable Tuesday on Home Sweet Farm,


Hearth N' Soul with A Moderate Life,
Photobucket

Comments

  1. I love the look of the dough on top. So delicious looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how smooth-looking your biscuits are! being non-American..I had no idea how a cobbler should look like..and when I didnt have enough biscuit balls to cover the fruit, I made another batch!! now I realized it is meant to NOT cover the fruit altogether! haha

    your fruity combination must be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combination of fruits! And this seems almost a very 'patriotic' dessert if you consider that the fruits are red (cherries), white (apples) and blue (Blueberry). Did you intend that? Even if you didn't, it's a fantastic coincidence!
    Thanks for baking along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks amazing! What a wonderful dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMM, it is a messy dish, but it sure was delicious, right? I like your fruit combo and will definitely try it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fruit combo is perfect, and I agree with Grapefruit, very patriotic as well! I did cherries and apples in mine and loved that combo...the addition of blueberries would be that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking this w/ Garden Variety Wednesday.

    I think the messier the dish, the better it tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI chaya! What a lovely yummy cobbler! I adore fruity sweets like this so much! At the presnet moment I am waiting on my wild raspberries to come into season and I will definitely be making something like this! Thanks so much for sharing with us on the hearth and soul hop! hugs! Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious cobbler! I love the mix of berries - great combination! thanks for sharing your recipe with the Hearth and soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I wanted to thank you for visiting Cast Party Wednesday last week. I would love it if came back tomorrow and shared more of your recipes with me.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost