Creamy Avocado Omelet

California Avocados - Hand Grown in CaliforniaI was looking through the site of the California Avocado Commission.  Sounds like a place for every foodie.  What I found, is tons of recipes, some quite innovative.  Dinner plans changed and I made this delicious omelet.  The way this was made is different than I have ever set up an omelet.  The problem, I did have was, I could not get the egg to cook through without burning the bottom of the omelet.  I think, using a larger skillet may be the solution for the next time.  This was for hubby and me.  I admit, he gave me a funny look, as I stuffed the omelet with cream cheese and avocado.  A first, for him too, I guess.

Creamy Avocado Omelet

Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission - adapted

Serves:2

Ingredients:


  • 4 eggs
  • ¼ cup milk
  • salt to taste
  • Dash black pepper
  • teaspoon paprika (sweet)
  • 1 ½ tablespoon Canola oil
  • 1/2 ripe, avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
  • 1 ounce cream cheese, whipped
  • Chives, chopped, for garnish  (I included the chives in the eggs.)
Method:

  1. Beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper and paprika together.
  2. Place oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Tilt pan to coat all sides evenly.
  3. Pour egg mixture into pan, tilt to permit uncooked egg to run to sides and bottom.
  4. Poke egg with a fork to let heat through, then lower heat and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until egg is slightly firm throughout.  (this is where I had trouble....the center took forever to come close to firm.)
  5. Spoon cream cheese across the center of eggs.
  6. Top with avocado slices and roll the edges of egg over filling. (I folded it.)
  7. Remove from heat and cover for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
  8.  Serve hot.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Linked to
Photobucket    




Tuesday To Do FEatured

Comments

  1. We love eggs for dinner and adding avocado makes it even better.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, how yummy! I love avocado, so I bet they taste great with eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Anything with avocado is a winner in my book. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo this omelet looks delicious, I love the addition of avocados! So glad to be a new follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love avocados and with cheese amazing!! Bizzy, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything with avacados!!! This sounds so yummy! So glad you stopped by and shared it at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to try this. I have been trying to use more avocados in my meals lately. The avocado arugula pasta went over well. I always wanted to use avocado with eggs, but it just didn't sound right and wasn't sure what to do! Thanks for this, now I'm going to the California Avocado Commission!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost