Peach Cobbler Muffins

There are blogs that are addictive and A Well Seasoned Life is one of them.  There are fabulous sweet recipes even one called, Peach Enchiladas.  All those with a sweet tooth could bake their way through this blog, recipe by recipe.

To make it better, there is a linky with more delightful desserts - all sorts of sweets.  You could just move in there and bake.  Please, find out for yourself.

When, I stopped there before, I saw a recipe for Peach Cobbler Muffins, I wanted to link to Muffin Mondays, weekly and have been on the look-out for new recipes.  I have a few to make but when I saw this one, I ran to the kitchen and 1-2-3, they were made.  That fast........

 In the midst of my baking, I realized there was no egg in the recipe and stopped.  Have you ever been in that place?  You are working at full speed, waiting for a tantalizing recipe and something leaves you with a question and you feel like you can't move forward.  Since, I could not call and find out, I decide to use one egg and hope it did not ruin it.  It didn't.

Here is the original recipe.  I will put my changes in bold.

Peach Cobbler Muffins

3 c. all-purpose flour  (I used gluten-free brown rice mixture.)
1 c. sugar
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. butter, diced  (margarine)

1-3/4 c. milk
16-oz. can peaches, drained and chopped or 3 fresh peaches, chopped (frozen peaches)

Mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry knife or a fork.

Add milk, egg and peaches; stir until just moistened.

Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.

Spoon topping onto muffins.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until golden. Turn out and cool slightly on a wire rack; serve warm or cold. Makes 1-1/2 dozen.

Topping:
2 tbsp. butter, diced (oil)
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix together in a small bowl until crumbly.


Notes: I had difficulty incorporating the margarine and the paper wrappers were greasy on the inside.  The muffin did not feel at all greasy.
My addition of the egg worked beautifully.  I will find out if it should be made without an egg which I, now believe, is the case, looking at the photos on A Well Seasoned Life.  There is no egg put into the bowl. 

Try it for yourself.

Linked to Ingredient Spotlight-Peaches 




Comments

  1. YUMMMM...

    And I will try using corn flour, since I'm liking it, better than rice flour.

    THANK YOU!!!!!!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I just made oatmeal with peaches, so this looks like they'd go really great with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look and sound scrumptious! Thanks for linking your recipe up at Muffin Monday! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good. I'd love it if you came by Cast Party Wednesday and shared some recipe with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if it would still work without the egg, or if they accidentally left that ingredient out. Anyhoo, they sound tasty! I wanted to invite you over to my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost