Tuscan Kale Salad - Spinach Salad - Ellie Krieger





This week, for Eating With Ellie, Kayte chose a delightful salad, Tuscan Kale Salad, found in Ellie Krieger's book, Weeknight Wonders , a book, I love.  So far, every recipe was a success and was healthy and delicious to eat.  Page 41 is the page to find the recipe or here.

I did not have kale so I subbed in baby spinach and in place of pine nuts, I used almonds.  I followed the rest of the recipe and although this is an easy recipe, cutting the spinach into thin strips took some time.  It looked pretty this way.

You can check out what the other members did with this recipe by going to the Eating with Ellie website.  We welcome new members.  There are no requirements other than to love to cook and explore Ellie Krieger recipes.  Just make the week's recipe and add your link to the site's page.

Thank you Kayte for a wonderful choice.  I served it with spicy salmon with caramelized onions and mango rice.

Comments

  1. I subbed for the kale. But this was a delicious salad. Love yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was delicious with spinach, and even easier. Ripping out the ribs of the kale takes a bit of time that you would save with spinach. But there is something pleasurable about the tactile nature of massaging the kale that you miss out on. When else do you get to rub veggies in your fingers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd have rather used the spinach, as the kale was not my thing. Your salad looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear that you liked the salad combinations and were able to sub the ones that worked for you there. It gave me a chance to have kale for the first time and we loved it, definitely a repeat here. And I must say that I will try your version with spinach and almonds as that looks fabulous as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost