Nutty Cabbage & Shallot Stir Fry



Until the week before Passover (Pesach), Operation Clean-Up is going on and I am clearing out any cabinet with food in it (including refrigerator and freezer).  

This is an example from an old post of how I throw, whatever I can find in my kitchen, together to create a new dish.

I found in my hydrator, a half of a package of shredded cabbage which had to be used up or it would land in the garbage and that is not where food belongs.  I have tons of recipes using cabbage but I was not in the mood for making any of them.  What else could I find?

In my onion drawer, there were two shallots.  Sounded good to me.  There was a bag of golden raisins and another of cashews in the cabinet.  So far, so good.  A moment of thinking and I decided on a simple stir fry.


Nutty Cabbage & Shallot Stir Fry

Ingredients:


1 tablespoon olive oil
2 shallots, sliced thin
2 cups shredded cabbage (you could use cole slaw mix)
1/2 cup (pecans or cashews), chopped
1 tablespoon brown sugar
black pepper to taste

 Method:

Heat olive oil in a medium skillet.


Add shallots and cook for 5 minutes.  Add cabbage and cook for an additional 5 minutes.  Finally, add the nuts and cook for  2 - 3 minutes.  


Add brown sugar and black pepper and mix in to cabbage mixture.


Time to eat and enjoy.



Linked to"   Real Food Recipe Round Up           Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday           

Comments

  1. Chaya,
    Love easy, yet healthy recipes like this one= looks delicious and perfect for Pesach .I love finding regular recipes that I can eat on Passover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of adding the nuts, Chaya - what a great way to make cabbage extra special!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost