Silky Cauliflower Soup





Silky Cauliflower Soup adapted from David Lieberman

Ingredients:



1 large bag frozen culiflower  (32 0unces)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Chop frozen cauliflower and put aside.


Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until softened, but not browned, about 5 minutes.

Add the cauliflower and stock and bring to a boil. 

Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is very soft and falling apart, about 15 minutes.

Remove from heat and, using a hand held immersion blender, puree the soup, or puree in small batches in a blender and return it to the pot.  ( I left a few small pieces of cauliflower intact.)

Add the Parmesan and stir.

Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.

I dropped in a few sliced spinach leaves for interest.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to Weekend Potluck 

Comments

  1. oh my Chaya this looks fabulous and easy too. To me there is no better way to start a meal than with a soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my Chaya this looks fabulous and easy too. To me there is no better way to start a meal than with a soup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost