Balsamic Roasted Cauliflower and Shallots


I have always liked cauliflower but I can't remember a time, anyone has served it, outside of my home.  Is it an underrated vegetable?  It shouldn't be.  In recent years, I have used it for several delicious recipes such as Cauliflower Popcorn, Cauliflower Soup, Cheesy Cauliflower, Mashed and Roasted for starters.  This recipe uses it in the best way possible, in my opinion, roasted and with Balsamic and shallots, both which enhance it.


Balsamic Roasted Cauliflower and Shallots  (Adapted from Kosher Scoop)

Ingredients:

2 bags Frozen Cauliflower Florets - Defrost to room temperature
8 shallots, quartered
3 tablespoons  olive oil 
2 tablespoons  Balsamic vinegar 
salt and pepper to taste 

Method:

Preheat oven to 375F.

In large bowl, toss together cauliflower florets, shallots quarters, olive oil, Balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. 

Arrange in single layer on large parchment paper lined baking sheet.

Bake in  preheated oven, stirring once or twice, for about 45 minutes or until very tender and soft.

Eat and enjoy.

  Foodie Friday        Foodie Friends Friday              Full Plate Thursday   This is How We Roll    

Comments

  1. Cauliflower is one of those miracle beings that has been in plain sight, making me cringe at my ignorance. A noble vegetable, it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost