Spinach Kugel - Passover



You probably know that I love, love , love spinach so when I found a recipe for a spinach kugel for Pesach, I jumped to make it.  I had forgotten that I had previously made it which makes no difference.  This is a good kugel. I hope to make if often in the future throughout the year.



Spinach Kugel adapted from Taste of Pesach

Ingredients:


 16 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed 
2 tbsp. oil 
2 onions, diced 
2 tbsp. mayonnaise 
2 tbsp. water 
2 eggs 
1 tbsp. potato starch 
1 tsp. salt  
¼ tsp. onion powder 

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Heat oil in a large skillet. 

Add onions and sauté until translucent.

Drain  liquid from spinach. 

Add spinach to onions and cook 15 minutes. 

Remove from heat.  

Cool slightly, and then add mayonnaise and water. 

Beat eggs in a small bowl, and then add to skillet, stirring constantly. 

Add the rest of the ingredients.  

Spray with cooking oil a round 9 inch  pan. 

Bake 45 minutes for kugel. 

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to:  Real Food Recipe Round Up           Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday           

Comments

  1. What a wonderful way to serve spinach, Chaya! Your Kugel looks so tasty and healthy too! Pinned. Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost