Mango and Almond Sweet Potatoes

In my pre-Passover shopping, I made sure to buy two mangoes.  What a perfect fruit for Pesach. (Passover) I had no idea what I would make with them but I knew they would be used.  One of them went to this sweet and enjoyable recipe. 

 Mango and Almond Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:


2 large sweet potatoes

1/2 cup brown sugar 
1  teaspoon cinnamon
 1 mango
 1/8 cup margarine
1/2 cup almonds, sliced



Method:



Preheat oven to 350 F. 



Grease a baking dish - medium size.



Peel sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. 



Add chunks to a pot of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes.



Combine brown sugar and cinnamon.



Add the brown sugar and cinnamon to mangoes and sweet potatoes in baking dish.

  
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.


Top with sliced almonds and bake for an additional 20 minutes.



This is a yummy dish.  

Comments

  1. What a unique combo! Thanks for sharing this on Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, I've pinned it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost