Asian Chicken and Vegetable in Foil Packets - Ellie Krieger

  Margaret Selected Asian Chicken and Vegetable in Foil Packets page 143 in Weeknight Wonders.  It is chicken cutlets topped with veggies and sauce made in aluminum foil packets.  I love the results but did not enjoy cooking in aluminum foil.  I think, it just made it messier.  I served this with rice and used some of the sauce and vegetables to mix in the rice.

I would have enjoyed broccoli added to the vegetables or in place of the green bell pepper.  Actually, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, peas, beans or squash would be good additions to the recipe (not all of them),  I would like sweet potatoes on top of the chicken as well .  This lends itself to be a versatile dish.
Check out Eating with Ellie to see what the other members did with their Asian Chicken and Vegetables.  You might want to see what we are making in the near future and if it appeals to you, feel free to join us.

Weekend Potluck            Real Food Recipe Round Up       Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday    

Comments

  1. Chaya, I subsequently cooked up some rice to go with my chicken too. I liked cooking n the foil because it contained the sauce, and I could pour it over the dish easily in just the right amount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that it was in foil! Yours look delicious. Wish i had thought to photo mine in the foil like you did. And adding more veges would be good in this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chicken must be very tender and juicy. Scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, Chaya. I think you got out-voted on the cooking in foil favorite...lol...we all loved that deal as it wasn't messy to clean up at all, just remove everything and throw the foil away. Given my druthers, I tend to use parchment paper for these packets, but I did use foil on this and it worked fine. I think parchment is a little more environmental friendly and works wonderfully well. I assembled mine early in the morning and they were ready to pop in after work, what a deal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost