Pickled Carrot


This is Catch-Up week for the Wednesday with Donna Hay group.  This was quite a challenge for ma since there were many recipes I missed.  I did not belong to the group when it first started so there are a whole bunch of exciting recipes that preceded my participation.  Then in the two years, I have been cooking Donna Hay recipes, there were various times, I had to take a short leave and missed a number of additional recipes.   I was so confused with all the possibilities and this might seem a strange choice but I am fussy about carrots.  I don't like them in soup but in some salads, I find they add a nice crunch.  The dressing for this carrot recipe hit the spot.

I did sub in red pepper in place of the spicier chili pepper out of respect to hubby who likes a "quiet" food - no snap, crackle or pop.  Despite the lack of the chili pepper, the dressing was delicious and the very thin carrots could be eaten by my one year old granddaughter.  

Since the recipe is online, I am sharing it here today.


pickled carrot

2 small red chillis, sliced (1/2 cup red pepper, chopped)
2 cloves garlic, crushed (only 1)
2 tablespoons ) sugar
¼ cup  lime juice
¼ cup  rice vinegar
¼ cup  soy sauce
4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced

Method:



Place the chilli, garlic, sugar, lime juice, vinegar andsoy sauce in a non-metallic bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.

 Add the carrot and toss well to coat. 

Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. 

Makes 3 cups.

Comments

  1. Oh I need to go back and make this one as well as I missed it, too. It looks delicious...too funny on the husband's tastes, lol, here it is the husband who likes all the spice and me who likes things nice and boring...lol. I am loving Catch-Up Week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with your hubby. I don't think I could eat the hot peppers! Your version is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love this! My husband loves pickled veggies (especially Italian-style pickled eggplant) and this looks great. Thanks for sharing it on Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, I've pinned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son would love these. So pretty and colorful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost