Fish Salad

Kosher Jews do not eat shellfish such as crab, lobster and shrimp.  There is a faux fish made for each of these and perhaps for other prohibited shellfish.  I doubt, they taste the same or even similar, but they are good.

When these first came to my awareness, I did not want to buy them.  I was uncomfortable with the idea.  Gradually, I realized, if they are allowed and made from fish we do eat, why not try them.  I did and I liked the fish.  I particularly like to take the fake shrimp and add some butter and garlic to it. It is delicious.

I decided to make a faux crab meat salad.  The mock crab is fully cooked so all I had to do was cut it up into smaller pieces.  I added a few ingredients and had a nice fish salad.

Mock Crab Meat Salad

Ingredients:

1 cup faux crab
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons celery, chopped fine

Method:

Cut fish into small pieces, thick sliced.

Place fish in bowl and add celery.  Mix together.

Combine lemon juice, pepper and sugar with the mayonnaise and add to fish-celery mixture.

Mix well and serve.

This is a good salad on a hot day.  I found it to be cool and refreshing.

Eat and enjoy.

Comments

  1. I'm with you on the being uncomfortable part! Don't think I could buy them or make them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the being uncomfortable part! Don't think I could buy them or make them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost